Feb 27, 2012

2012 Oscar Fashion Favorites

I admit I didn't even watch the 84th Annual Academy Awards last night, but I did check the highlights and red carpet wardrobe! I don't know about you, but I was not all that impressed by the gowns worn to the award show this year. Though, I did have two favorites: Octavia Spencer and Kristen Wiig.

Octavia Spencer image via Pop Sugar (Photo: Getty Images)

Octavia Spencer, winner of Best Supporting Actress for The Help, knows how to play up her shape in figure-flattering gowns. I really enjoyed this white, gorgeously-beaded Tadashi Shoji dress.

Kristen Wiig image via Celebuzz.com (Photo by Michael Buckner/Getty Images
Oscar nominee and presenter Kristen Wiig was simply stunning in a tiered tulle J. Mendel gown and understated jewelry. Personally, I loved her hair! The soft, undone waves complimented her neutral look.

Now, the dresses to "be seen in" were the ones that the stars wore to one of the many viewing and after-parties! A few of my favorite looks...

Nina Dobrev image via PopSugar.com (Source: WireImage)
Nina Dobrev image via PopSugar.com (Source: WireImage)
At Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards viewing party, The Vampire Diaries actress Nina Dobrev stunned in a black J. Mendel gown from the Fall '12 runway. Her fishtail braid was also a nice change from the more formal up-dos.

Alessandra Ambrosio & Kourtney Kardashian image via PopSugar.com (Source: Getty)
Sporting their adorable baby bumps, Alessandra Ambrosio in Roberto Cavalli and Kourtney Kardashian in a white Grecian Raoul dress were both glowing!

And over at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in a patriotic red, white and blue...

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley image via Fashionologie.com (Source: Getty)
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wore a tomato-red gown by Antonio Berardi. Red dresses are super-hot this season!

 Sofia Vergara image via Fashionologie.com (Source: Getty)
Sofia Vergara looked stunning in a white Roberto Cavalli gown. I love the sheer lace overlay, which gives a sexy hint of leg.

Leslie Mann image via Fashionologie.com (Source: Getty)
Leslie Mann wore a seqiun navy gown also by Roberto Cavalli. Navy is the new black for spring and summer. I love navy dresses, and this is no exception, though I think the dress would have looked better without a ruffled train.

Did you love a look that I did not cover? If so, share it in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment