Mar 2, 2012

Friday Favorites - March 2

There are so many pieces of jewelry, beauty products, shoes, handbags, clothes, cool services and more that I love! I'm happy there are plenty of Fridays in the year that I can share a few of my favorites each week.

Micah Yancey for 81 Poppies - "Golden Glory Four Leaf Clover" necklace, $98
I'm hoping luck comes my way in more than one direction this year! This lucky four leaf clover charm, created by jewelry designer Micah Yancey, is the perfect addition to any jewelry wardrobe and looks great layered with other delicate necklaces. The Golden Glory Four Leaf Clover is dipped in 24 karat gold and sits on a 14 karat gold filled 18" chain with a lobster clasp. Plus check out these adorable "Lucky Charm" outfit combinations, featuring the Golden Glory necklace, as seen on the BonBon blog! For more information about this collection, visit bonbonbymicahyancey.com or find Micah Yancey for 81 Poppies on Facebook.


NARS Sheer Lipstick, Dolce Vita, $24

I absolutely ADORE NARS Sheer Lipstick in Dolce Vita. This dusty rose color is my everyday go-to - and it is a flattering color on every skin tone. Because it is a sheer formula, the color pigments provide a more natural tint making it a great color for day or night. I also love that it is enriched with Vitamin E, which gives it a non-drying and moisturizing feel. Try it - and you will want every color.

     

This should really be an obsession... I love blow dry bars - no cuts, no color - just a fabulous blow out! I have been working to grow my hair out for quite some time now, and having it styled a few times a months keeps me from cutting it. This is an affordable luxury that I try to take advantage of at least once or twice a month. Plus when your hair looks great, you feel great! I try to keep "bad hair days" to a minimum. My two go-to spots in town are Blo - Austin (Ask for Jeris, he has a special talent with the curling iron that creates the most AMAZING waves and curls!) and Blast Blow Dry Bar (Ask for Heather, she really takes her time to give you a polished look!). Each blow dry bars will have their own unique hair menus to describe the type of styles you can select. When I visit Blo, I love to go for the "Red Carpet" or "Holly Would" looks, and at Blast, I opt for a more casual "Flatter Me Up" look.

"Red Carpet" Looks at Blo

"Flatter Me Up" at Blast

A professional blow out for $35 is a fabulous price to pay to save you the time and energy of doing your own hair. Plus you will walk out with a silky, shiny and gorgeous 'do that will, hopefully, last for 2-4 days, which leads me to my next favorite....

Klorane - Dry Shampoo, $18
Having thick, curly, sometimes dry - sometimes oily, hair, I always want to get a blow out (either professional or at-home) to last as long as possible. I am also a bit lazy and don't want to have to wash and dry it more than 2-3 times a week. Dry shampoo is such a lifesaver (and hair-saver). I do not know what I would do without it now! It keeps my hair refreshed between washes, as well as adding in a little more "oompf" when it starts to feel flat. I have tried so many different brands, but ultimately - my hair works best with Klorane's Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk (Aerosol). It does not leave a white after-spray residue, when combed out correctly, and the aerosol can makes it is easy to use. It is also unscented and paraben free for those with a sensitive scalp. I also like Oscar Blandi's Pronto Dry Shampoo ($19) as it has a great lemon-y scent, and for a less expensive option, I recommend TRESemme's Fresh Start Dry Shampoo ($5.50), which also has a citrus scent.

And lastly this week... who doesn't love TURQUOISE (and a sale)?


Color your wardrobe with spring-ready Stella & Dot jewelry on sale now! Select affordable jewelry styles just became even more irresistible, now at 25% off through the month of March.

No comments :

Post a Comment