Mar 21, 2018

Jeans for Genes Day - World Down Syndrome Day

In honor of World Down Syndrome Day (today, 3/21), my sweet friend Eryn, who is on the programming team for Gigi's Playhouse Houston, asked me to be a part of a cleverly named campaign supporting those who may have a bit different DNA and for those who love denim. The goal is to have as many people wearing jeans for genes on 3/21, which represents the third copy of the 21st chromosome!

Gigi’s Playhouse, which provides free therapeutic and educational programs for children with Down Syndrome, is working hard to open up a location in Houston. They are very close to opening and need help to spread the word about Gigi's services and meet their final fundraising goals! 

Gigi’s is asking the community to get involved today by wearing “Jeans for Genes” to increase awareness about Down Syndrome through social media and/or help raise money to support a Houston location of Gigi’s with a small donation. 


As a gal who loves jeans (and lucky that I can wear them while I rock my Stella & Dot business!) and supporting a diverse community, I had to say "yes" to help spread the word!

Speaking of denim, take a look at this beautiful photoshoot in honor of Jeans for Genes. The fabulous model, Leslie, was adorned in denim from the generous Tootsies (a Houston boutique) and photographed by the talented Traci Ling Photography. (Special guest appearance in these photos with their adorable second model, Theo, who wanted to join in the fun!)

  
 

I also styled my favorite spring denim in a couple different looks - and encourage you to share your "jeans for genes" or donate to support!


I styled my Mavi jeans (distressed/frayed angle hem - these are so comfortable!) from Stitch Fix, along with my Elegantees "Whitney" tee, and the Stella & Dot Natia necklace



I again styled my Mavi jeans (distressed/frayed angle hem - these are so comfortable!) from Stitch Fix, along with my navy Elegantees "Whitney" tee and my Stella & Dot accessories - including the gold large Hammered Hoops, Covet diamond "W" Initial Pendant with the Luna Pendant and saddle leather Sunday bag!

My friend and fellow Stella & Dot Stylist, Nicole Hensch, is also wearing her favorite jeans and jewels! You can follow her on Instagram at @nhensch10!

Nicole is rocking a great pair of bootcut jeans, along with her Stella & Dot Audrey Statement Earrings, multiple bracelets to create an arm party, and the Taj embroidered clutch!

If you would like to help raise awareness, please use the hashtags #JeansForGenesDay and #GigisPlayhouseHouston so that they can collect and share your photos on Gigi's Playhouse's social media and Facebook page to help spread the word or make $10 a donation in support of Gigi's Playhouse Houston!

No comments :

Post a Comment